It’s safe to say that this past week was not the best for Nathan Deal. It must be hard to be the governor of Georgia, what with all those pesky whistleblowers, journalists and students. In the …
1. While speaking to college students, he assumed (wrongly) that an immigration activist was undocumented.Via pinterest.com
No really. It went like this:
Gov. Deal: I presume you are…. [undocumented]
Woman: I don’t know why you thought I was undocumented. Is it because I look Hispanic?
Apparently you can tell a person’s citizenship status just by looking at them. #NewSuperpower
2. An investigation showed Gov. Deal rewarded the families who bankrolled his campaign with plum seats on the state’s top boards.Via tumblr.com
Yea, we did a spit take too when we saw the headline.
Side note: Gov. Deal appointed only 5 women and 1 African-American out of 51 seats. #Diversity
3. A leaked email from Gov. Deal’s staff promised favors for state legislators in return for campaign contributions.Via blogger.com
4. On Wednesday, a watchdog group filed a complaint against the governor’s top staff for illegal conduct.Via tumblr.com
The governor’s top staff intervened in an ethics investigation of his campaign, allegedly even threatening the top ethics official. The silver fox has seen a lot in his day, but we think he would agree this is just wrong.
5. Now the governor is struggling to explain why he takes $10k a month from a business that owes Georgia $74 million in back taxes.
Because earning millions for yourself always takes priority over funding education or helping middle-class families…
6. And a judge is questioning why the state hid evidence in a major ethics trial that kept the governor off the witness stand.Via i.imgur.com
What memos? There were no memos? We promise!
7. When you act like this, it’s probably better to keep the press away. Maybe that’s why he stayed silent as a journalist was dragged out of a GOP rally Gov. Deal was headlining.Via i.imgur.com
Gov. Deal sat idly by as a videographer was dragged from a public rally.
Did we mention that she was invited to the event? So much for transparency.
Gov. Deal, of course, had no comment.
What. A. Week.Via giant.gfycat.com
7 scandals in 7 days.
We know, it’s hard to keep up.
We think it’s safe to say that #GeorgiasReady for an honest government. #ChangeTheDeal
Source: Team Carter for Buzzfeed Community
The Urban Treehouse - Berlin, Germany
Set in a 650 sqm garden at the edge of Grunewald Forest, yet close enough to the hectic urban life of Berlin, lies The Urban Treehouse, a very special place consisting of two tree-shaped houses perched 4 meters off the ground level. Designed by Andreas Wenning from Baumraum - a leading architecture firm specialized in treehouses, the two innovative accommodation modules come with clean, cutting-edge design and bright, contemporary interiors appointed with all modern luxuries, from fully-equipped bathrooms and kitchenettes to plasma TVs and fresh, versatile furnishings.
very small dog? puppy
very big dog? puppy
very young dog? puppy
very old dog? puppy
You know what’s not fucking cool? Cultural appropriation.
You know what is fucking cool? Buying clothing inspired by a culture that is designed by the people of that culture.
Think Native styles are cool? Here, let introduce you to Patricia Michaels of Toas Pueblo. She is a Native woman who designs amazing clothes inspired by her heritage. She knows what from her culture is appropriate for mass-production and what is meant to be sacred, hand-made, or inherited. When you buy her clothes (available at her store Waterlily), or any Native person’s products, you’re giving your money directly to the cultures you claim to respect and admire. When you buy bullshit knockoffs from American Eagle, however, you’re being an asshole.
And seriously though look at her clothes they’re fucking amazing this woman is wild talented.
i literally never get tired of this post
flies to 3 different countries in 3 mins
my little cousin got bit by a house spider and she was crying so i went to get some stuff to soothe and numb it but before i could even walk out the door i heard her quietly whisper ‘i can’t handle the responsibility of being spiderman’
I’ve been watching this guy’s livestreams for a few days now. He’s super positive and really nice to all his viewers, answering everything he can. Also considering his abilities he is really good at Diablo III and WoW. Like the fact that I could have been playing WoW with people like him and getting my ass handed to me by them is part of the reason I appreciate video games as a form of therapy.
"I’m really feeling good about myself!"
This makes me SO happy. Amazing!
this girl injected with the truth serum